Susana Yee & Kelly Hammond
We absolutely love teaching and are extremely excited to be teaching the 6th grade. We will do our best to provide interesting, enriching, and fun learning activities. Our hope is that our students will acquire a love of learning and the belief that hard work, curiosity, and confidence will enable them to be successful in school and in life 오버워치 무료.
The 6th grade will be a very important and memorable year. Students will participate in simulations, create projects, and write reports. We will focus on the following academic areas.
Ancient Civilizations: Mesopotamia, Egypt, India, China, and Greece.
Oceanography, plate tectonics, shaping earth’s surface, heat, energy in the earth system, ecology, resources, and scientific investigation and experimentation 코어고딕d.
Students will build on skills learned in 5th grade in the areas of number sense, algebra/functions, geometry, statistics/probability, and problem solving.
Houghton Mifflin Reading Anthology, The Cay, Number the Stars, Tuck Everlasting, Julie of the Wolves, The Adventures of Ulysses, and The Giver Windows 10 update pending.
Main focus this year will be on expository writing, but will also write narratives, letters, and news articles.
6th Grade Expectations
- Listen attentively to others – We will listen to each other carefully, making sure that we are looking at the person speaking Download the Phonebus movie.
- Speak to others using a respectful tone of voice – We will talk to each other with respect, ask questions, and share information even when angry or upset.
- Show basic respect and friendliness – We will be friendly to one another even if we are not all friends. This includes welcoming and showing interest in one another, and getting to know one another through sharing and
cooperative work 스틱봇.
- Have positive work attitudes – We will concentrate and persist even on difficult tasks. We will never say “I can’t”.
- Resolve conflicts peacefully – We will work to resolve conflicts with fairness and active listening.
- Relate to others without bullying – We will treat others with respect at all times, even when things are not going the way we want 44 Moonlight Sculptors. This means that we will not use mean words or do mean things to others in our school.
- Complete assignments with care and on time – We will complete all homework and class work neatly, carefully, and on time. We will take pride in our work.
I am thrilled to be joining the Mountain View community and am looking forward to getting to know all of the children, families, and staff 큐큐메신저. Although new to the district, this will be my 11th year of teaching, and I have had experience in a variety of grade levels and school sites. I have taught in the Palo Alto Unified School District and most recently at Crane Country Day School in Montecito. I graduated UCSB with a B.A. double-major in Psychology and Sociology and a Master in Education with a multiple-subject teaching credential. As a teacher, I believe it is critical to provide engaging opportunities for every child to explore, discover, think critically, and connect their learning to the world they live in Download the Samsung Printer Driver. I am passionate about providing authentic learning experiences for all students. Outside of the classroom, I love to spend time with my family, especially outdoors. My husband, Nathan, and I have two children Madelyn (4) and Everett (1.5) who keep us very busy and happy. I am so excited to be starting a new chapter here at Mountain View Download Jupiter Ascending!
I am heading into my 20th year at Mountain View, 7 of those as a student and the rest teaching. I have taught 1st, 2nd and 6th grades here at Mountain View. I love all the families and the community here! It’s a very special place!
Attending Cal Poly, SLO I became a Mustang completing my teaching credential along with my BS in Liberal Studies 지적도. Later I went back to school to get my Masters in Leadership and Social Justice. I feel so lucky to be working at Mountain View helping guide students in their last year here at Mountain View. The relationships built with students and the joy in seeing each student grow and succeed are part of the many reasons I went into teaching. Every day is a learning experience, every day is a new slate and every day presents new rewards and new challenges.
I am an avid traveler and love to take new adventures. This last summer I went to Iceland, Spain and the Sierras. Past summers I hiked KIlimanjaro, built a school in Nicaragua and backpacked around South America. I’m a big Giants fan, Dodgers hats are not allowed in my classroom (just kidding).