Katherine James & Mitch Light
Enter the password. Click on your teacher’s name. Then click on your number to see your page.
Fourth grade is a fun and exciting year at Mountain View School. Here are just a few of the things we will learn about:
- Fourth grade math covers place value, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, geometry and statistics.
- The language arts program includes writing personal narratives, summaries, and responses to literature. We write lots of poetry, and participate in a six -week session with a poet-in-residence. Some of the books we will read are Island of the Blue Dolphins and By the Great Horn Spoon.
- Our science curriculum is divided into three units; life science, earth science, and physical science, and includes weekly labs.
- Fourth grade social studies is all about California! We will study about the geography of the state, early peoples, missions, gold rush and more.
- Fourth grade music is one-hour a week and includes singing, instruments, and of course, the recorder!
- Computer skills developed will include keyboarding, powerpoint and web page design.
- Some fourth grade highlights are our class trip to La Purisima Mission in Lompoc, and our gold rush simulation day.